Posts listed by Date:
- Don't Waste Your Women with Craig and Danielleby email@example.com (Jesse, Shanee, Craig, Danielle) (The Coworkers Podcast) on May 9, 2022 at 6:00 am
Listen in as Craig and Danielle, missionary leaders in South Asia with over a decade of experience, share best practices for equipping and empowering women in the work of disciple-making.
- Jacob and Elisabeth on the Church in a Time of Warby firstname.lastname@example.org (Shanee, Jacob, Elisabeth) (The Coworkers Podcast) on April 20, 2022 at 1:13 am
In the midst of great danger and chaos, the Ukrainian church is continuing to gather regularly and minister to their communities. Listen in as Jacob and Elisabeth, missionary leaders overseeing mission work in Europe, share their inside perspective on the current condition of the church in Ukraine and Russia. The church is continuing to be the church, and God is working!
- From Shame to Radianceby email@example.com (Shanee) (The Coworkers Podcast) on March 30, 2022 at 4:33 pm
Shame is a universal emotion, but God does not want His beloved children to live in ongoing shame. Listen in for 3 necessities to be delivered from shame- Know you are acceptable to God; see yourself as God sees you; and tell the hard parts of your story to others. Psalm 34:5- “Those who look to Him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.”Resources Mentioned:Curt Thompson- The Soul of Shame; The Soul of DesireBrene Brown- Daring GreatlyLysa Terkuerst- Forgiving What You Can't […]
- Shame: What Does the Bible Actually Say About It?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Shanee, Jesse) (The Coworkers Podcast) on March 1, 2022 at 1:55 am
Shame and being set free from shame is such a hot topic, in both Christian and secular circles. Resources abound, but what does the Bible actually say? As we completed a biblical survey on shame, we were surprised at how much the Bible had to say on this topic! Listen in as we share key biblical principles that are necessary in order to deal with the universal emotion of shame.Connect with Us:The Coworkers Podcast websiteEmail: email@example.comBiblical Survey on Shame:I. Genesis 2-3- […]
- Folk Islamic Rituals #9: Devotional Imagesby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on February 18, 2022 at 9:24 am
This blog post is the ninth in a series on South Asian folk Islam and its rituals. Click here to go to the first of these articles. Understanding the rituals of Folk Islam provides insight into the beliefs and practices of folk Muslims. This understanding helps us to make disciples of folk Muslims. I hadContinue reading "Folk Islamic Rituals #9: Devotional Images"
- Folk Islamic Ritual #8: The Evil Eyeby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on February 9, 2022 at 10:15 am
The folk Islamic worldview focuses on spiritual powers that are always present around us. In the view of folk Muslims, some of the most common opposing spiritual forces are jinn, demons, and the evil eye. Jinn and demons are similar but distinct. Demons (usually called Shaytan or Iblis in Urdu) are evil and more powerful than jinn. In contrast, jinn function as troublemakers who cause misfortune and trouble. The English word "genie" derives from the Arabic root jinn. Muslims often […]
- What to Do When You Want an Escape (According to Psalms)by firstname.lastname@example.org (Shanee) (The Coworkers Podcast) on February 9, 2022 at 6:36 am
I (Shanee) am sharing one of my biggest lessons from studying the Psalms in 2021- God is our refuge and wants us to run to Him with our guilt, shame, fear, and every negative emotion and need, so that He can minister to us with His steadfast love. We should not try to shut down our emotions or shame ourselves for being needy; instead we should take them to God, confident that His response is ALWAYS steadfast love and faithfulness for His children. He's always saying, "Come closer!"Scriptures on […]
- The Seven Works of the Holy Spiritby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on February 3, 2022 at 9:31 pm
The Holy Spirit is God's empowering presence in our lives. Here are seven works that the Holy Spirit wants to do in your life.
- Folk Islamic Ritual #7: Mystical Uses of the Qur’anby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on February 1, 2022 at 9:12 pm
One Muslim understands the Qur'an to be the source of truth from Allah, while another uses the Qur'an most as a magic book to overcome spiritual forces in their life. Many Muslims simultaneously use the Qur'an in both of these ways.
- When You Get Beat Up for the Gospelby email@example.com (Jesse, Shanee, Willie) (The Coworkers Podcast) on January 25, 2022 at 4:21 am
W, E, and their children have been serving in South Asia the last 9 years and leading several missionary teams. Four years ago, during an evangelistic outreach in a neighborhood, W was captured and beaten by that area's religious leaders. He endured interrogations, false accusations, and wondered if his family would be able to continue to stay living in that city. Listen in to hear how God used this experience to strengthen the faith of W's family and to advance the Kingdom work in that area.
- Folk Islamic Ritual #6: Zikr and the 99 Names of Allahby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on January 24, 2022 at 4:14 am
One way that folk Muslims seek to interact with this spiritual realm is through protective amulets called tawiz. Another common practice is called zikr (Arabic dhikr), which often uses the 99 names of Allah.
- Not a Hyperboleby JWool (Embracing the Tension) on January 23, 2022 at 4:41 pm
In our culture, we use more hyperboles than we do words. Everyone knows this. And in case you are wondering what a hyperbole is, read the...
- Celebrating Thousands of Maturing Disciples with Glenn and Rhondaby firstname.lastname@example.org (Glenn, Rhonda, Shanee, Jesse) (The Coworkers Podcast) on January 10, 2022 at 8:00 am
Over the last several years, God has been saving thousands of people in one state in South Asia - all glory to God! Glenn and Rhonda have led out in this work, and have some helpful keys that contributed to this growth. Two keys in particular are easy access to the Scriptures (in audio form on SD cards) and extraordinary prayer. Also listen in to hear how simple tracking methods are not primarily used to "count churches," but in order to provide a road map for believers, and a symbol of their […]
- The Light to the Nations: Gospel Progress and Global Worship in 2021by email@example.com (Jesse, Shanee) (The Coworkers Podcast) on December 25, 2021 at 1:38 am
For more info on People Group research mentioned in the episode, visit: https://peoplegroups.org/For info on Global cities, visit: https://radiusglobal.org/
- Pauline Emulation in First Thessaloniansby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on December 8, 2021 at 7:16 am
“You yourselves became imitators of us and of the Lord when, in spite of severe persecution, you welcomed the message with joy from the Holy Spirit.” 1 Thessalonians 1:6 It is my conviction – and that of many missionaries – that missionaries should emulate the apostle Paul in their missionary work. Paul intended for TimothyContinue reading "Pauline Emulation in First Thessalonians"
- How Not to Talk Your Hindu Friends with Kirthiby firstname.lastname@example.org (Shanee, Kirthi) (The Coworkers Podcast) on December 6, 2021 at 8:00 am
Kirthi grew up in a Hindu family in the US, was saved at the age of 24, and has been serving with her family in South Asia for the last 6 years. In this episode, Kirthi shares how she came to faith, and the helpful and not-so-helpful ways her American believing friends helped her in that journey.
- Folk Islamic Ritual #5: Tawiz (Amulets)by nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on December 2, 2021 at 10:52 am
This blog post is the fifth in a series on South Asian folk Islam and its rituals. Click here to go to the first of these articles. Understanding the rituals of Folk Islam provides insight into the beliefs and practices of folk Muslims. For some, it is strange to explore the worldview of folk Muslims.Continue reading "Folk Islamic Ritual #5: Tawiz (Amulets)"
- Sharing Jesus with South Asian Shiasby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on November 26, 2021 at 2:16 am
When Islam first spread to South Asia, it spread through Shia Muslims, first to the Sindh and then to the area around Lucknow. The father of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, was a secular Shia. Today, Pakistan and India have significant Shia populations of at least 20 million per country. Despite this large population, there are almost noContinue reading "Sharing Jesus with South Asian Shias"
- Why Should Missionaries Report on Baptisms and Churches?by email@example.com (Jesse, Shanee) (The Coworkers Podcast) on November 22, 2021 at 8:00 am
Should missionaries keep track of baptisms, new churches, UUPG's, etc.? Should they publish these reports to their supporters and the public? Is this self-serving, or just to make money, or brag? Listen in as Randy shares how careful reporting - of both quantity and quality - is essential in order to find gaps and push the Great Commission forward - for God's glory. Randy shares super practical tips on how to do reporting well, with the right heart, and so that it benefits front line workers […]
- Five Barriers to Engaging Muslims with the Gospelby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on November 18, 2021 at 7:14 am
In 1791, William Carey published An Enquiry, effectively launching the modern missions movement. His argument was that Christians needed to take up the Great Commission by forming mission boards to launch missionaries to the nations. Carey led the charge by going to India in 1792. In An Enquiry, Carey detailed the greatest centers of lostness in the world,Continue reading "Five Barriers to Engaging Muslims with the Gospel"