Posts listed by Date:
- An adaptation of SOILS for local workersby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on November 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
This is an attempt at adapting a great article by Steve Smith: SOILS of the CPM Continuum. If you are not familiar with this article, I'd encourage you to read it first: https://www.missionfrontiers.org/issue/article/the-s.o.i.l.s.-of-the-cpm-continuum-the-sliding-scale-of-strategic-time-invThe article, and this adaptation of it, are seeking to answer a key question: As I pursue the multiplication of disciples and churches, how should I spend my time?Let it be known that Steve's article […]
- Homeschool, National School, or International School: How to Decide What's Best for Your Familyby firstname.lastname@example.org (Danielle, Shanee, Michelle) (The Coworkers Podcast) on November 28, 2022 at 6:00 am
Choosing the best schooling option for your child in a new culture is a big decision! Listen in as Danielle and Michelle share from their years of experience on the field with their families, with seasons in all three of these schooling options. Connect With Us:The Coworkers Podcast websiteEmail: email@example.com
- Reflections on Surah 33 and Muhammad’s Many Marriagesby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on November 28, 2022 at 3:47 am
In our ministry, we rarely open the Qur’an. In our context, most Muslims do not know the Qur’an. Therefore, there is little reason to open the Qur’an and discuss their book with them. As a result, I have not often taught nor written about the Qur’an. However, in recent months, we have realized a needContinue reading "Reflections on Surah 33 and Muhammad’s Many Marriages"
- Mindset Shift 5: Ripe Harvestby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on November 25, 2022 at 11:00 am
Old Mindset: My people group or area is too resistant to see a movement. New Mindset: There are people who are ripe for harvest in every people group, geographical area, and sphere of society.
- The Gospel Sync (Ep. 2) Mark 1.1by Chuck & Deb (ToBeLikeJesus) on November 21, 2022 at 6:44 pm
Today we’ll look at the Gospel of Mark and introduce him and the gospel Link to the Gospel Sync G-Doc: Link to the Gospel Synonym Study G-Doc:
- How to Overcome The Effects of "Movement Method Inoculation"by Dave Miller (Sentergy) on November 19, 2022 at 9:39 am
The premise: knowledge without action equals inoculation to practice. In this episode, Mark and Dave unpack the necessity of erring on...
- Mindset Shift 4: Prayer is Ministryby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on November 18, 2022 at 11:00 am
Old Mindset: Prayer is important but is an extra “spiritual” thing I do before I start the real work of reaching people. New Mindset: Prayer itself is ministry. Investing time in extraordinary prayer is as important as anything else I do to reach the lost.
- Theo Who?by Chuck & Deb (ToBeLikeJesus) on November 16, 2022 at 6:12 pm
As I start a new series we’ll explore the four gospels combined into one narrative. I will major on highlighting key discipleship lessons as we go. We begin with Luke 1.1-4 and an introduction to the author, Dr. Luke Link to the Gospel Sync Google Doc: Click here…
- Teaching in the Bibleby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on November 14, 2022 at 10:00 am
This is the second in a series of posts seeking to get at the Biblical definition of words we commonly use in western Christianity. These words will generally fit into the categories of sharing the Gospel, making disciples, teaching, training, preaching, etc. I think we'll find that in some cases our modern usage is mostly correct, but in other ways, our western vernacular has actually altered the Biblical meaning of the word.Check out the previous post on preaching here.Today's word is […]
- April Helps Us Middle-Aged Caucasians Recruit People Different Than Usby firstname.lastname@example.org (April, Shanee, Jesse) (The Coworkers Podcast) on November 14, 2022 at 6:00 am
Listen in as April N, a single woman serving in South Asia, shares ways we can mobilize and team with people different than us. April is from a family of immigrants from Nigeria, but was raised in the US, and has a vision for all nations reaching all nations. Connect With Us:The Coworkers Podcast websiteEmail: email@example.com April's Recommended Resources:Podcasts:-Windows and Mirrors: Bible in a Year-Thirty Minutes with the Perrys-Southside Rabbi-The B.A.R. Podcast-Four in the […]
- Mindset Shift 3: Enough for Fruitby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on November 11, 2022 at 11:00 am
We already have enough to see the greater multiplication of disciples. We may need to do things differently.
- Helping Immigrantsby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on November 7, 2022 at 10:00 am
In the past 2 months, I have crossed paths with...A young couple from Romania who spoke Italian. They were stranded in Springfield IL looking to get to Florida.A family of four from Italy. They were also stranded but in my town (Pekin IL). trying to get back to family in San Antonio Texas.A couple with one child from Romania. They had flown to Mexico, crossed the southern border into the US (!), and then traveled from San Diego to Chicago to Pekin.In all cases, they were standing at the […]
- Mindset Shift 2: God Will Do Itby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on November 4, 2022 at 10:49 am
Old Mindset: Multiplication of disciples is a good idea, but it probably won’t happen here. New Mindset: God is starting Disciple-Making Movements through ordinary people, on many continents, and He will start more.
- Preaching in the Bibleby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on October 31, 2022 at 9:41 am
This is the first in a series of posts seeking to get at the Biblical definition of words we commonly use in western Christianity. These words will generally fit into the categories of sharing the Gospel, making disciples, teaching, training, preaching, etc. I think we'll find that in some cases our modern usage is mostly correct, but in other ways, our western vernacular has actually altered the Biblical meaning of the word. We'll start with one of my favorite examples of that […]
- The Key to Happy Headship and Submission in Marriageby firstname.lastname@example.org (Shanee, Jesse) (The Coworkers Podcast) on October 31, 2022 at 5:00 am
Submission in marriage is a hot-button issue fraught with all kinds of baggage! Yet we know that God has a beautiful plan for marriage! Listen in as we share the key to both husband and wife embracing their roles with joy according to Ephesians 5:22-33.
- Mindset Shift 1: God is at Workby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on October 28, 2022 at 9:00 am
Old Mindset: I must work hard for the lost to receive the gospel. New Mindset: God is already at work in my area. I must learn to partner with what he is doing.
- Mindset Shifts for Movementby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on October 21, 2022 at 10:12 am
Jump in for a series of key mindset shifts we need to pursue movement
- Imploding house churchby Pheaney (Blog - On The Road) on October 19, 2022 at 10:27 am
Is an imploding house church the worst thing that could happen? I think there are non-house churches (sometimes called "traditional church", "legacy church", etc) that should have imploded a long time ago. But, thanks to some structures inherent in their model, they are still in existence.
- Folk Islamic Ritualsby nocousinsleft2282 (Blog – No Cousins Left) on October 18, 2022 at 3:09 am
These posts seek to describe the worldview of folk Muslims by describing their worldview and rituals. These folk rituals describe South Asian folk Islam. Each of these readings gives hints in how to best engage South Asian folk Muslims with the gospel of Jesus. Ritual #1 – Na’at, devotional singing to Sufi saints. https://nocousinsleft.com/2020/09/17/rituals-of-folk-muslims-in-south-asia-naat/ Ritual #2 –Continue reading "Folk Islamic Rituals"
- Fighting Self-Sufficiency and Pursuing Dependence with Kariby email@example.com (Kari, Shanee, Jesse) (The Coworkers Podcast) on October 17, 2022 at 5:00 am
We know we SHOULD be desperate for God every day and live in dependence on His strength and grace, but many times we fall into self-sufficiency. Listen in as Kari shares some "P's" for fostering dependence- a posture of worship, practice His Presence, prefer God in every small decision, and pray!(Kari and her husband have been serving and leading in South Asia with their 4 children for more than 15 years, and are dear friends of ours!)Resources Mentioned:With Christ in the School of Prayer - […]